Politics Trumped Science in 9/11 Investigation
Politics Trumped Science regarding Toxic Dust
What does this have to do with 9/11?
Well, the White House ordered the EPA to lie about air quality after the collapse of the Twin Towers and Building 7
Okay, that's bad. But, you say, that doesn't prove that politics trumped science in investigating who carried out the 9/11 attacks and why they succeeded. Well, let's take a look.
Politics Trumped Science Within the Joint Congressional Inquiry
• The chairmen of the Joint Congressional Inquiry into 9/11 had conflicts of interest that may have put them in the middle of the 9/11 attacks (see also this video)
Politics Trumped Science Within the 9/11 Commission
• The co-chairs of the 9/11 Commission themselves now admit that the Commission largely operated based upon political considerations
• Indeed, the 9/11 Commissioners were "a bunch of people who are connected to the very people who are at the center of the question of who's at fault", and the person in charge of determining what topics and evidence the Commission examined or ignored is an expert on creating public myths and one of the architects of the imperial agenda
• 9/11 Commission co-chair Lee Hamilton says "I don't believe for a minute we got everything right", that the Commission was set up to fail, that people should keep asking questions about 9/11, that the 9/11 debate should continue, and that the 9/11 Commission report was only "the first draft" of history
• 9/11 Commissioner Bob Kerrey said that "There are ample reasons to suspect that there may be some alternative to what we outlined in our version . . . We didn't have access . . . ."
• 9/11 Commissioner Timothy Roemer said "We were extremely frustrated with the false statements we were getting"
• Former 9/11 Commissioner Max Cleland resigned from the Commission, stating: "It is a national scandal"; "This investigation is now compromised"; and "One of these days we will have to get the full story because the 9-11 issue is so important to America. But this White House wants to cover it up"
• The Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission, who led the 9/11 staff's inquiry, said "I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described .... The tapes told a radically different story from what had been told to us and the public for two years.... This is not spin. This is not true."
• Commissioner Richard Ben-Veniste told that father of one of the victims: "This is not an investigation, but merely an exposition."
• Even the former director of the FBI says there was a cover up by the 9/11 Commission. And the 9/11 Commissioners knew that military officials lied to the Commission, and considered recommending criminal charges for such false statements, yet didn't bother to tell the American people
• Look at the following quotes:
• "We were supposed to be independent, not necessarily confrontational. We were investigating a national catastrophe, not a White House transgression; this was 9/11, not Watergate." Without Precedent, p. 65.
• “In… blaming everybody a little, the Commission blames nobody.” Benjamin DeMott of Harpers Magazine
• “The purpose of a government investigatory commission is to place blame where it does the least harm politically.” Paul Craig Roberts
• “Our aim has not been to assign individual blame.” 9/11 Commission Report, p. xviPolitics Trumped Science Within NIST
• A whistleblower from NIST has confirmed that politics trumped science in the investigation of the collapse of the Twin Towers:
When I first heard of [9/11 truth] and how the NIST "scientists" involved in 911 seemed to act in very un-scientific ways, it was not at all surprising to me. By 2001, everyone in NIST leadership had been trained to pay close heed to political pressures. There was no chance that NIST people "investigating" the 911 situation could have been acting in the true spirit of scientific independence, nor could they have operated at all without careful consideration of political impact. Everything that came from the hired guns was by then routinely filtered through the front office, and assessed for political implications before release.• NIST has entirely ignored whole lines of evidence showing that demolition is the only logical explanation (and see this).
• Indeed, the former head of the Fire Science Division of the government agency which claims that the World Trade Centers collapsed due to fire (the National Institute of Standards and Technology), who is one of the world’s leading fire science researchers and safety engineers, a Ph.D. in mechanical engineering (Dr. James Quintiere), called for an independent review of the World Trade Center Twin Tower collapse investigation. "I wish that there would be a peer review of this," he said, referring to the NIST investigation. "I think all the records that NIST has assembled should be archived. I would really like to see someone else take a look at what they've done; both structurally and from a fire point of view. ... I think the official conclusion that NIST arrived at is questionable."
Politics Trumped Science Within the Scientific Community
• The scientists and engineers defending the official explanation of the collapses of the World Trade Center buildings also all have huge conflicts of interest
Still believe that there have been any objective investigations into 9/11?
To see what unbiased, highly-credentialed people say about 9/11, read this.